Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Why Run For Stone?

Last March, my son Stone was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. Each day, Stone checks his blood glucose level at least four times, counts the carbohydrates in his food and gives himself insulin injections. His life depends on this because his pancreas no longer produces insulin on its own.

On that day in March 2011, our lives changed forever. While Stone does a great job managing his diabetes, gone are the days of grabbing a snack without thinking about it, or an impromptu stop for ice cream. It all has to be accounted for. And as his mother, I worry about him.

On November 4, 2012, I'll be running with Team JDRF in the 2012 ING New York City Marathon to raise money for JDRF and help fund a cure for Type 1 Diabetes.

In addition to training for the marathon, I also must reach a fund raising minimum. Help me reach my fundraising goal. For $20 you can run a virtual race and earn a unique custom finisher's medal (photo coming soon).

Register now, by clicking on the Donate button on the right side of the page.

For more information regarding the marathon and team JDRF click here

No comments:

Post a Comment